Synopsis: Set in the Tang Dynasty, Ran Yu is a noblewoman who becomes interested in forensic science after her Mother’s mysterious suicide and begins to solve murder cases. She meets a judicial official and an assassin by chance and finds true love through the course of searching for the truth.
Apologies for the delay!
- Deity Luo: Her real name is Fu Fei and in legends she was the partner of the god of the yellow river she was known for her beauty and was once the female idol of the men in ancient china.
- The princess is the descendant of the dragon and phoenix: Means she was the daughter of the Emperor and the Empress
- Jaggery: Asian sweet dessert made either from cane sugar or cane juice.
- Either you die or I will: He may mean it literally, although often it’s used just to describe the ultimate battle
- Could it be, the mantis stalks the cicada with the oriole right behind: This is a chinese proverb which refers and warns about paying too much attention to a narrow goal and forgetting there may be a greater potential threat lurking behind you who will profit from your efforts.
- The weather grows cold as Han songs fill the air….However only embarrassment is left under the red makeup: This is the entire Valentine poem by Sui poet Jiang Zong. Please note it’s just my interpretation of it
- Ep 30 missing line around 15mins 01 seconds when Xiao Song asks Bai Yi for the time. Bai Yi replies it’s 5am.