Synopsis: Song Yu Die (Zheng Shuang) is a renowned chef in Hangzhou city with a mysterious identity. She grew up learning how to cook from her adopted mother who is also a brilliant chef and the owner of the famous restaurant Tianxiang restaurant. Her sweetheart Li Ma (Ray Ma) is the adopted son of her mother and she knows that they will marry when they grow up. However things change when she encounters Prince Zhao Yuan Qing and Li Ma heads off to the battlefield to build a career for himself. Meanwhile beneath the prosperity, a threat lurks in the background and together with Li Ma, Zhao Yuan Qing she may have to make the ultimate sacrifice to save it…..
- Separation with 5 horses: This is one of the most cruel punishments in chinese history, the criminal is tied to 5 different horses whcih are sent to 5 different directions. The pull from 5 different directions is so strong that the criminal is ripped into 5 parts.
- Inevitable enemies will meet: A chinese idiom which means it’s inevitable that opposing factions/enemies will meet
- “Song”: The surname Song for this woman is although phonetically the same but it’s a different surname
- Hongmen banquet or feast at the Gate of Gooses: This is an actual banquet that took place. It was held by Qiang Yu who invited Liu Bang to a feast after Liu Bang upset him by robbing him of his glory and it’s believed that Xiang Yu held the feast to assassinate him. Through slyness, his skill of words and some luck, Liu Bang managed to escape despite Xiang Yu’s close advisor tried to assassinate him but Xiang Yu stopped him from doing so and thus in the end led to Xiang Yu’s demise. This is a term that is used to describe a banquet/party that has ulterior and sometimes dangerous motives behind it. You can read/watch re-enactments of it in the Romance of the 3 kingdoms and adaptations of it.
- Wildman: A chinese mythical creature/beast similar to bigfoot or the yeti.
For the subtitles to appear on the video:
Please click the settings button (button that appears on the top right when you move your mouse around) > Subtitles > English