Synopsis: Li Xia, an employee in a startup video game company is trapped inside the new virtual otome game that her company has developed after a few bugs prevents her from leaving the virtual world she was transported into. There, she meets the Emperor and the lead male character of the game who has disguised himself as an eunuch to try and escape from the stifling court affairs. After saving her from drowning twice, she and the Emperor strike up a strange and comedic relationship which slowly blossoms to a sweet touching love story.
- Passes through tens of thousands of flowers yet not a petal touches you: This is a term usually used to describe a profligate man who is engaged in love affairs with many women but does not belong to any of them/non of them have a hold on him nor will he give them any promises or hope of a relationship with him. Note that flowers are usually used in chinese to represent women.
- The longer the night the more nightmares there are: A chinese idiom that means the longer the delay the more chance the situation can change.
- Him/her or he/she: Him and her and he and she are all phonetically the same so it’s hard to distinguish if that person is male or female just by hearing it without any other clues.
- I have guarded Cheng Meng pass …pass: the character for pass and button/trap is the same character except if it’s combined with different characters in different contexts it will mean different things.
- Beat the bush to alert the snake: a chinese idiom that describes that if you don’t have a foolproof plan then doing anything will likely alert your enemy and you will lose your chance to seize them.