Synopsis: 1000 years ago, the God of war and the Star of Mosha fought against each other during a bitter battle that almost upturned the way of the world. However at the end of it, both had disappeared mysteriously. 1000 years later, their reincarnations are born into the mortal realm. Chu Xuanji was born into the world lacking the ability to understand or receiving information from the 6 senses leaving her clueless to the world and inept. She befriends Yu Sifeng, the most skilled disciple from the Lize palace who falls in love with her despite the consequences that would occur if he falls in love with a woman. Meanwhile, the demonic realm are preparing themselves to revive the star of Mosha in order to overthrow the Heavenly realm once more and soon the events of the past catches up to them….
- “Yang” energy: according to chinese beliefs this can only be found in men whereas “Yin” energy can only be found in women. In books usually a female would look for Yang energy to balance out the Yin energy inside her and a man would look for Yin energy to balance out the Yang energy inside him to improve his health/cultivation
- Zihu: The literal translation of her name is purple fox but I’ll stick to the MDL name
- Minor official: in the past, imperial physicians held government posts although much lower in rank compared to those who govern the country. I think it’s the same for the L &R world
- Chastity mark: For a period of time in ancient China, a girl’s virginity was held with utmost importance. Girls would be given a red mark on their body at birth using cinnabar which will not wash off even in water and it was believed that it can only be removed when she engages in sexual activity. Therefore if you lose it, it will be proof that you’re no longer a virgin and hence it would be a big scandal.
- Samadhi fires: This was a fire that has been found in Buddhist and Doaist texts. To cultivators it’s supposed to be a mixture of mortal’s fire, that you gain from a mortal’s understanding of the world, a undead fire that you gain from a deeper understanding of the world and then the celestial fire that you gain when you understand something beyond what you see and feel of this world it is a fire you can only see when you become a cultivator. FYI: for buddhists it’s not an actual fire you see or feel but rather three processes you have to pass in order to reach nirvana. (from what I understand)
Ep 15 Teaser (because I can’t upload it onto fb or the other platforms)