Synopsis: Song Yu Die (Zheng Shuang) is a renowned chef in Hangzhou city with a mysterious identity. She grew up learning how to cook from her adopted mother who is also a brilliant chef and the owner of the famous restaurant Tianxiang restaurant. Her sweetheart Li Ma (Ray Ma) is the adopted son of her mother and she knows that they will marry when they grow up. However things change when she encounters Prince Zhao Yuan Qing and Li Ma heads off to the battlefield to build a career for himself. Meanwhile beneath the prosperity, a threat lurks in the background and together with Li Ma, Zhao Yuan Qing she may have to make the ultimate sacrifice to save it…..
- That horse: The character “Ma” in Li Ma means horse
- Caused them to flee in terror leaving all their armor behind in their hurry: This is in idiom that means that the enemy were defeated very badly. It’s not that they actually left behind their things but just a way to describe how fast they fled, as if they’ve left everything behind.
- Heding red: It’s an infamous poison
- A man’s knees are coated with gold: This is a chinese saying that a man should not kneel to just anyone for simple reasons (lose their self dignity/pride)
- Won’t cry until you see the coffin: An idiom that means will not stop their actions/plans until they are utterly defeated or have been caught red handed in their scheme. You don’t usually hear it in jokes so it’s usually said when the situation is serious.
- Dragon’s son: The emperor of china is believed to be the dragon from Heaven so the dragon’s son means a prince
- Can’t reach you even with 8 bamboo poles: Means has nothing to do with you or have no relationship with you at all because bamboo poles are very long so to be at a distance of 8 of them from someone, you can barely even see them.
- Thinks it will rain when she hears the wind: A chinese idiom that means someone who can’t judge anything for themselves and will believe everything others will say.
- The Han chinese ruled the country during the Song dynasty so may use Han and the Song interchangeably during my subbing, but they are actually the same people