Synopsis: Song Yu Die (Zheng Shuang) is a renowned chef in Hangzhou city with a mysterious identity. She grew up learning how to cook from her adopted mother who is also a brilliant chef and the owner of the famous restaurant Tianxiang restaurant. Her sweetheart Li Ma (Ray Ma) is the adopted son of her mother and she knows that they will marry when they grow up. However things change when she encounters Prince Zhao Yuan Qing and Li Ma heads off to the battlefield to build a career for himself. Meanwhile beneath the prosperity, a threat lurks in the background and together with Li Ma, Zhao Yuan Qing she may have to make the ultimate sacrifice to save it…..
- Sun has risen from the west: usually said in a sarcastic way but in this case, west means left as a way to find their direction
- The red in a sea of green: A chinese saying which means the center of the spotlight, or something that attracts the most attention, like a spot of red among a sea of green
- Like a pair of love birds and entwining trees: Comes from the poem Chang Heng Ge by Li Bai about the love story between Yang Guifeiand Emperor Xuanzong. The full line is “In the sky I wish we can be the two in love birds who fly together, on earth, I wish we can be the entwining trees.” The line that follows this (also the final line of the poem) is, “Even if our love continues for many years, one day it will end, but the regret that arises the separation through death is never ending
- Yes/It’s: The character that means yes and it or is is the same one, just depends on the context.
- Chest v.s. generosity/open mindedness: The term that means generosity/big heart/open-mindedness contains the character for chest. Consort Luo is probably not very literate which is why she mistook generosity for the size of her bosom
- Papaya and chest: In chinese medicine eating papaya is supposed to give you a bigger chest/bosom so she mistakenly thinks that Prince Zhao thinks her chest is too small
- Advance by retreating: A saying which means retreating to gain virtue and a good reputation which in actual fact helps one to get their goal in the end
- Nourishing soups are known to cause nosebleeds if you are “over-nourished”