Synopsis: Song Yu Die (Zheng Shuang) is a renowned chef in Hangzhou city with a mysterious identity. She grew up learning how to cook from her adopted mother who is also a brilliant chef and the owner of the famous restaurant Tianxiang restaurant. Her sweetheart Li Ma (Ray Ma) is the adopted son of her mother and she knows that they will marry when they grow up. However things change when she encounters Prince Zhao Yuan Qing and Li Ma heads off to the battlefield to build a career for himself. Meanwhile beneath the prosperity, a threat lurks in the background and together with Li Ma, Zhao Yuan Qing she may have to make the ultimate sacrifice to save it…..
- I go alone on the little boat,……We can soften our brows, but it still wrenches the heart: Lines from the Song poem, Song Ci written about the feelings the poet goes through after being separated from her husband. It reflects the deep love she feels for her husband. This actually happened to the poet, after her father wrongfully punished after siding with the wrong people politically and she was forced to separate from her husband because of it.
- Plaster: This kind of plaster is not quite like the plaster we see today. It is a small piece of animal skin with a black ointment made of traditional medical herbs that sticks to the skin. The literal translation was dog skin ointment plaster because originally dog skin was used but after a while any kind of animal fur was used.
- Cow dung: A flower stuck on a heap of cow dung, this is a traditional saying which means a girl who is matched with a man who does not deserve her. The flower being a girl, the cow dung being the man, although in modern times it could be the other way round and mean a man who is matched with a woman who does not deserve him.
- Fly up to the branches to become a phoenix: A saying that means climbing above their station through one way or another. Usually refers to a woman.
- Seize the chance to become that phoenix: Since the past, phoenixes were seen as the symbol of a noble woman and often associated to the Empress although it can be seen in weddings ( the wedding of the legitimate/main wife)
- Find a lover for me: It was a known secret that eunuchs would still find female lovers despite being castrated. There was a special term for it called 对食 and the literal translation is Opposite/face eat
Yep It would be nice if you pick old dramas since most of them doesn’t have subs. Looking forward to your opinion.
The drama music and costume is awesome. Worth watching. Thanks a lot. I really appreciate Ma Tianyu acting. Hope you can bring more of his drama subtitled.
Thank you so much for subbing this wonderful drama. I’ve enjoyed it very much. Thank you for your effort.
Thank you very much😘
Few more to go..