Synopsis: Song Yu Die (Zheng Shuang) is a renowned chef in Hangzhou city with a mysterious identity. She grew up learning how to cook from her adopted mother who is also a brilliant chef and the owner of the famous restaurant Tianxiang restaurant. Her sweetheart Li Ma (Ray Ma) is the adopted son of her mother and she knows that they will marry when they grow up. However things change when she encounters Prince Zhao Yuan Qing and Li Ma heads off to the battlefield to build a career for himself. Meanwhile beneath the prosperity, a threat lurks in the background and together with Li Ma, Zhao Yuan Qing she may have to make the ultimate sacrifice to save it…..
- Mantis catches the cicada, the sparrow follows behind: This is a saying that means when two parties fight there may be another hidden predator/enemy watching them to reap the benefits from the fight
- Father, Emperor, Mother, Consort: This is because these terms are phonetically the same as the first character of the term that makes up the words, raspberry, milkvetch, hen, and boiling water
- Goryeo: A kingdom that consists of both North and South Korea of today
- Pei, Pei: It’s believe if you say it (often spitting on the floor as well) it can ward off bad luck. misfortune
- Long nights will mean more dreams: It means that with time, unexpected things may happen and it may make the situation worse.
- Blind cats running into a fat rat: This is a saying that means very good luck
- 18th level of hell: The lowest level in the underworld, where the most wicked are punished. Those who enter this level can never be reincarnated.