Synopsis: Song Yu Die (Zheng Shuang) is a renowned chef in Hangzhou city with a mysterious identity. She grew up learning how to cook from her adopted mother who is also a brilliant chef and the owner of the famous restaurant Tianxiang restaurant. Her sweetheart Li Ma (Ray Ma) is the adopted son of her mother and she knows that they will marry when they grow up. However things change when she encounters Prince Zhao Yuan Qing and Li Ma heads off to the battlefield to build a career for himself. Meanwhile beneath the prosperity, a threat lurks in the background and together with Li Ma, Zhao Yuan Qing she may have to make the ultimate sacrifice to save it…..
- Chinese yam: The chinese name of Chinese yam literally translates to “mountain medicine”
- Coix seed: These are seeds and one of it’s chinese names is “mountain medicine seed”
- Chicken and knife: The chinese character for chicken is phonetically the same as chance
- The fire is burning at our home: It’s an idiom that means it’s a critical situation, just like when the fire is already burning at your door.
- Offer as a sacrifice to the flag: This refers to the practice of killing POWs before a battle. In the past, this was done to increase the morale of the soldiers.
- Fuma: The special title given to the princess’ husband